Friday, February 10, 2017

Ski day 38 at Hakuba Cortina

An evil powder riding in a weekday.


Season Day 38,  Powder 25 days, Backcountry 11 days, Telemark 1 days
Hakuba Cortina 8:40-11:50
Gear:BanYa M1102+Dynafit Beast
Official Snow fall 30cm, Kanayamazawa 12H 21cm

Good snow depth in Hakuba village.

Cortina was confirming the condition. I went to Happo, as a surer place.
I parked my car at Kokusai and started walking to the gondola station, but I found the gondola was not operational yet.
I walked back to Kokusai lift and checked the website of Cortina, and found they open the chairlift #4.

Now Cortina is surer than Happo suspending upper area with the strong wind.
I jumped into the car again and drove to Cortina.

Cars were stuck on the way to Cortina due to the deep snow.


The quad lift was already running,

and I got the very end of the queue.

It took 20 minutes to ride on the chair, but I could somehow a good untracked line.
The run was great, but...

Oops!
My GoPro dropped from my helmet.
I stopped and tried to find, but I couldn't.

I cannot give up the powder runs.


Backside.


I thought the powder would have gone quickly, but the chairlift #4 became empty.

I really enjoyed until noon.

It was a shame to lose GoPro, but this is the day, one of the best in the season.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home