Saturday, September 10, 2016

Trekking-Day 12-Mt. Utsugi

Doubleheader to Mt. Utsugi after Mt. Kisokomagatake.


Day 12
Mt. Utsugi 9:07-16:09
Distance today 18.5km, climb 1,907m, duration 6:37, avg speed 2.8km/h, burned 1,630kcal

CAUTION! The duration in this article is due to my experiences and physical strength, and much shorter than the standard course time. Please plan by yourself considering your own experiences and physical strength when you plan to walk the course.

Continued from Mt. Kisokomagatake (Day 2).

I was wondering where to go for the rest of the day.
My climbing mate suggested me to Mt. Utsugi.
The way requires 5 hours 25 minutes ascending, 8 hours 50 minutes for the whole trip with 1500m elevation, 15km distance.
The start time should be a little late and I was afraid if I can complete after some walk yesterday.

The trail entrance was under construction and I had to park my car much further below.

Leaving at 9:07, at 1180m elevation.

The trail entrance at 9:25.
Nice walking on the trail for the beginning.

The air was nicely cool.

The difficult zone of this trail, Ojigoku and Kojigoku (it means the big and small hell).


I go through carefully.


I reached to the ridge at noon.
Mt. Utsugi comes to my sight.

So far 2 hours 35 minutes, while the standard duration is 4 hours 10 minutes.

I was exhausted in the high pace and slowed down.

Arriving at the peak at 12:35, in 3 hours half while the standard duration is 5 hours 25 minutes.

Nice breeze.

It is strange to see Mt. Kisokomagatake and Mt. Hoken again, where I was in the morning.

I could walk on the ridge all the way from there, but the duration seems not so different.

Mt. Fuji is still in my sight.



I could not buy my lunch before I started.

SOY JOY, a popular power bar.
This is my emergency kit that I have always carried and the distance I carried should be more than 1000km.
It have given me the food safety but I have to eat now.

After 30 minutes break, I started descending at 13:05.


Nice trail walking.


This rock has interesting shape.

This mountain has interesting rocks on the ridge.

The difficult zone again.


Masenagi point at 14:50.

Nice trees and lights.

I took the hiking trail on the way back, while I chose the climbing trail for ascending.


Looks like a MTB trail.


Ikeyama hut.

Looks vacant.

Arriving at Ikeyama cross point at 15:10m in 2 hours 5 minutes while the standard duration is 2 hours 35 minutes.

There is a well for water supply.

Coming back to the trail entrance at 15:55, in 2 hours 50 minutes while the standard duration is 3 hours 25 minutes.

The down trail was comfortable which did not hurt my legs.
For the recent trekking the down trail hurt.

Finishing at 16:09.

The total distance 18.5km, elevation gain 1,907m, and the duration in 7 hours.
The total distance today is 20km including the trekking in the morning.
Good exercise.

I ate a brown-sauce cutlet rice bowl for the meal.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home