Sunday, September 25, 2016

Cycling-Day 30-Tama River DNF

Two tires got flat and DNF.


Day 30, 218 days for cycling, total distance 16,420.0km, total climb 197,083m
Tama River DNF 9:18-14:28
Distance today 76.0km, climb 93m, duration 3:15, avg speed 23.3km/h, burned 1,557kcal
Gear: GIANT DEFY COMPOSITE SE

The sunny day comes back after long long rainy days.

I wanted to go riding for a long distance, but I got something to work.
I chose Tama River as my routine for a quick ride.

Marukobashi bridge.


Today the cycling road was still wet partially and there were many people running, walking and cycling. I had to go and stop many times, which slowed me down.

Smooth ride in the final stage.

The blue sky after the long rainy days.

I arrived at Hamura in 2 hours 1 minutes, as my best wrap in the weekend.
I thought it would be slower due to the many people on the road.


Burger as usual.


On the way back I had to avoid a bicycle tottering, and I got out of the road.
I hit both wheels on the rocks aside.

I had a really bad feeling and indeed. My both tires got flat.
I am carrying a spear tube but it is only one.

The place was still far away from my home, and I would have to change many trains if I had to go back.

I repaired the less damaged tube with patches and changed a spear tube for the serious one.

I could manage to recover.
I lost 30 minutes for changing.

However the repaired one got flat again after several kilometers.
I pumped, and tried to repair with the patches left, but I used all patches.

There was a bicycle shop 3km back, but the tires were ok at the time.
I should have bought the spear at there.

3km walking back is a long way, and I had better to finish riding here.

Extra runs after I got flat helped me to carry my bicycle.

Fuchu-Honmachi station, as the nearest one. I have to change trains only twice.


The train crosses Tama river just after the station.

The road I always run on.

Changing the train at Mizonokuchi to Oimatch line.

The next train crosses Tama River at Futakotamagawa again.

I got home at 3:30pm. It was faster than the bicycle but I was supposed to come home at 2:30 pm if I would not have got tires flat.
I wanted to buy bread and cakes on the way back but my total plan had to be changed.

I realized to carry two spear tubes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home