Wednesday, January 20, 2016

Ski day 25 at Hakuba Cortina/Happo One

Ski day 25 at Happo One
Season Day 25,  Powder 17 days, Backcountry 13 days, Telemark 2 days
Happo One 12:50-13:25
Gear:BanYa M1102+SCARPA FREEDOM
Official Snow fall 40cm, Sarukura 12H 18cm

Tuesday I worked in Tokyo as I expected the lifts would be closed due to the strong wind, but I failed.
I also expected Wednesday would be much better.

20cm or more on the roof.

But the upper lifts were closed due to the strong wind.


Then I switched to Cortina.

I was already late here.
A long cue at the ticketing window.

Now I am much behind.

Another long cue at the chair lift #4.

I did a favorite route as usual.

For the second run I tried the tree running.

Too bushy.

I somehow managed to descend.


After several runs I also went to Hakunori, or Hakuba-Norikura.

Ended for 1 hour and half.

It was not the best day, but still a powder day.

After lunch and being home I found Riesen quad lift got open.

And came back to the snow again.

It was windy at Usagi.


Kokusai.

Already finished.

Hopping and going in/out was not a good return on investment.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home