Monday, January 12, 2015

Ski day 24 at HappoOne

Awesome powder skiing in Happo.


24th day for this ski season, 22 days for powder, 9 days for backcountry, telemark for 2 days
HappoOne 7:30-10:30
Gear: BanYa M1102+SCARPA FREEDOM
Official Snow fall 50cm, Sarukura 6H -cm

The snow fall yesterday was really really heavy. The snow depth on the car was 20cm in the morning. I actually shoveled 30cm last night. The total should be 50cm more.

Such snow fall temps me to Cortina, but there is a huge risk that the chair lift #4 may not open.
I chose Happo for my safety.

Junkies are gathering.

It is not so much more than Cortina.

Alpen quad did not seem open soon due to the strong wind, and I went to Kokusai first.

Fantastic view with the morning sun light.

I was the first one here.


I went up to Usagi riding on the gondola lift, but the Alpen quad was not open yet.
Then I went to Panorama.

It was almost finished, but I could somehow enjoyed the fresh snow.

Then I ran several times in KitaOne.

I came back to Usagi
It seemed taking more time to open Alpen quad, and I put the climbing skins to walk up.
But the lift started the test operation.

I gave up climbing and waited for the lift operation, but it was longer than expected.

A long long cue behind me.

I know the course check by the patrol team is necessary, but they are supposed to show us the forecast.
"Showing the forecast if the delivery is delayed"
This is the common understanding in the business world, and the company who cannot do it won't survive.
HappoOne is far away from the common business custom.

I had to wait for 40 minutes eventually.

I rode on the Alpen quad and went to Sodeguro.

I was the first one, but it was disappointing due to the poor visibility.

I went to Skyline but it was almost finished,

as the Skyline #2 chair lift was open earlier than the Aplen quad.

The cue for the Skyline #2 was really long.


I believed that waiting in this cue would not deserve another run.

However the runs in HappoOne should be better than Cortina, considering the awful long long cue for the lift.

The blue sky appeared and it seemed no reason to end.

I came back to HappoOne after lunch.

HapooOne 12:15-14:30
Gear: BanYa M0809

I chose the mogul ski sets as the courses in the resort should be rough.


Usagi.

I don't believe I ran on the fresh snow 3 hours ago.

I did several runs on the bumps of Usagi.


And enjoyed the fast runs in Panorama.


I had to do really annoying run on the rough Riesen.


This place used to have a lodge called "Nakiyama Lodge", which used be famous for its soft bread "Naki-pan".

The building was completely disbanded.


I enjoyed the resort skiing as well as the powder skiing over 5 hours today.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home