Monday, January 13, 2014

Ski day 20 at Cortina

20th day for this ski season, 12 days for powder, 3 days for backcountry, telemark for 3 days
Cortina 8:30-11:55
Gear: BanYa M1102+SCARPA FREEDOM
Official Snow fall 30cm, Kanayamasawa6H 22cm

It was snowing pretty well last night. I expected Charmont, but the snow fall indicator looked good in Hakuba area. I went to bed with the options either Happo or Cortina.

In the morning the snow fall in Hakuba was not enough. I drove to Kokusai and checked the bumps were not covered enough, then moved to Cortina.

My position was around 30th.

The confirmation of safety for chairlift #4 was not yet when I bought the ticket but I went up anyway.

The operation had begun.

I was not in a good position and went straight to the line aside of the lift.

How sweet.

I went to the wood for the second run but it was already finished.


The chairlift #4 was always crowded and the cue was long.


Then I repeated the area I am familiar with.


Finally I went to the backside.

It was already finished and became almost bumps.

Enjoyed a pretty good day until noon.

Thanks for the day.

Today I saw many Swedish. I rode on the lift twice with Swedish. They were in a tour to explore something new. They had 25 people in a group!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home