Saturday, April 27, 2013

Ski day 61 at HappoOne

Powder again.



61st day for this ski season, 32 days for powder, 15 days for backcountry, telemark for 12 days
HappoOne 10:00-11:30
Gear: Teneighty GUN+GARMONT RADIUM

My golden week has begun.
It was rainy on the way to Hakuba.
It could be snowing up there, but it seemed too warm. I did not wake up early.

The thunder woke me up. It was still raining.
I found it was snowing up there through web sites.
I was late, but the upper lifts were stopped due to the strong winds. There must be fresh powder snow if I hike.

Cherry blossom.

It turns snow in the middle.


Usagi.


The upper lifts were stopped.
I put climbing skins and got ready to hike.
The lift seemed open again.


Then I removed the skins and got on the lift.

It was very windy up here.


The powder snow was good.

I sometimes hit the bottom, but generally ok.

Then I ran on Kurobishi. It was also good.

It became very windy again.

A streamer was blew horizontally.

Lastly I ran on Panorama.


The lifts became stopped again. Now the time to go home.

On the way back I went to Sarukura, an entrance to the mountain.


It was very much snowy. I found skiers back. They told me the visibility was not good and there were whumping noises.

We were planning to go to Yari-Onsen spa tomorrow, but would better not to go.

Lunch at Coffee Senjyu.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home