Sunday, February 26, 2012

Ski day 30 at HappoOne/Iwatake/Hakuba BC

29th day for this ski season, 18 days for powder, 8 days for backcountry, telemark for 8 days
HappoOne 7:45-10:30
Gear: BanYa M0809
Iwatake 10:45-12:30
Gear: BanYa M0809
Hakuba BC 14:15-15:15
Gear: Pocket Rocket(Telemark)+GARMONT ENER-G

Today I went around three different ski places.


On Saturday I was invited to a wedding celemony. After the party, I travelled to Hakuba, via a bullet train and bus.

Sunday.
We could not expect the powder snow, but tried the first run on the terrains of HappoOne.

7:30 am.

People were gathering, but they looked much different from the powder day.

We went down on Panorama. No gap and flat. The visibility was not good, but

I could run very fast without worrying about gaps.

The terrain to Kokusai was not groomed and rough.

We went up Kokusai again, and I went down on Riesen twice and several times on Panorama.
I ran less than one minutes to go down on Panorama.

Free coffee as usual.

It was very croweded today.
I came here at 9:30, but I refilled only three times.

I ran enough in HappoOne.
Then I went to Iwatake, other ski area in Hakuba.

It was a long time I have been here last time, except I visited here in summer season. Probably it's been 10 years since I skiied before.

The gondora lift was crowded and I took chair lifts.

I took almost all lifts in 1 hour and half.

Some terrains were very quiet.

Nice moderate terrains.

For lunch we went to Kikyoyoa, a Japanese seafood resutaurant.

Pretty much volume for me.

After lunch we climbed a hill in Hakuba.

The lower site was very rough, but upper was nice with some powder snow.

Looks good.

Nice powder spray.


I enjoyed a long day today.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home