Saturday, January 21, 2012

Ski day 19 at HappoOne

19th day for this ski season, 11 days for powder, 6 days for backcountry, telemark for 5 days
HappoOne 8:15-14:15

On Friday it snowed in Tokyo.
The highway to Nagano was covered by the snow.

Yokokaha Service Area had some snow.

In such a day it does not snow in Hakuba.

Today I went to Happo. I started early.


The first run was on Riesen, but I wanted to climb up.

Grat. It had been closed but it would be open tomorrow.
Today is the last day here as a backcountry skiing.

Climbed up.


It was not good enough for Alpine skiing, but nice for telemark skiing.

I attepmted just one run, but my snow mate came up. We climbed up together.


The patrol team was coming for tomorrow.


The second run was also nice.


Had a short break at Panorama.

Free coffee is provided here until 10am. We came just before the time.

For lunch we went down Riesen and went to an Austrian restaurant Hüttenzauber.

Gulasch was good.

I went up again for picking up my car at the different base.


Very fogy at Usagitaira.

I was almost ending up but I found the snow mate were coming back.
And we skiied together again.

We found a mascot of "Garigari-kun", a main character of a very famous Japanese ice candy bar.


Sooner, he was surrounded by people.


We got a sample of the ice candy bar.


Chinese for diner.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home